At the West Midlands CARE Team, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data that we obtain.
The Website is operated by the West Midlands CARE Team (we, us, our, the Team), a registered charity with charity number 1129027 and registered office at PO Box 350, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 9HE. Where we decide the purpose or means for the processing of the personal data that you provide via our website, we are the “data controller”. As data controller, we will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
This policy should be read together with our:
This policy explains the following:
- what information we may collect about you
- how we will use information we collect about you
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- your choices and rights regarding the personal information you provide to us
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In order to provide certification for our educational events, videos and courses and to control access to our team member website area, we will need to collect and process information about you.
Clinical Team Members and Trainees will be required to submit additional personal data in order to obtain volunteer contracts and identification badges from the West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS) and comply with our annual governance assurance process.
When using our website for browsing, interactive group chats, enrolling on courses or events, or making an online donation, you may be asked to fill in a web form to create your own account. We will ask you to provide us with the following information:
- your title
- your name (first name and surname)
- your Date of Birth
- your email address
- your phone number
If you apply for an observer placement on the team we will ask you to provide us with the following additional data:
- your profession
- your specialty
- your seniority
- your registration number (if you are a Health Care Professional)
- your current employer
- your pre-hospital experience
- your reasons for wanting to observe the team
Those individuals wishing to undertake a clinical observer placement will also need to provide:
- Proof of Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) clearance
- Exposure prone procedure clearance (Hep B immunity, Hep C/HIV serology)
Individuals wishing to join the team as a trainee will be requested to provide us with the following data:
- your address
- your photo
- your job title
- your employer
- your professional qualifications
- your year of qualification
- your professional regulator
- your registration number
- your BASICS registration number
- your Seniority or grade
- your Specialty experience
- your pre-hospital courses
- your life support & other courses
- an electronic copy of your CV
- Details of two referees (Name/Address/Contact email)
If you are selected to join the team as a trainee or member, the following additional information will be requested:
- A scanned signed copy of the volunteer agreement
- A scanned copy of an ID document (Drivers licence/passport/MOD90)
- A scanned copy of your Driving licence.
- Details of any emergency driving courses (provider / date / certificate)
- Proof of Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) clearance (certificate)
- Exposure prone procedure clearance certificate (HepB, Hep C, HIV)
- Professional indemnity provider and number
- Base specialty educational supervisor name and contact email (if current trainee)
- Details of your next of kin (name/address/mobile telephone number)
- A scanned signed copy of the Annual declaration (renewed annually)
By interacting with us on social media platforms by way of “liking”, “following”, commenting, “retweeting” or “sharing”, you understand that you are consenting for our interaction with you.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT BASIS?
When you visit our Website, whether to browse our content, to contact us about our services or to make a donation, we may use the personal information that you provide for the following purposes:
2.1 Providing Our Services
- entering into an agreement with you to provide our services or products and in the provision of those services and products.
- logging and processing your order in our information systems
- providing a platform via which you may access our online educational material.
2.2 Volunteer Services & Enquiries
- replying to your enquiries or responding to concerns or complaints
- providing you with information about the services we offer, important announcements about your account, or updates about our services.
- Providing you with details of our fundraising events
2.3 West Midlands Ambulance Service Administration
- We share the personal data / sensitive personal data listed above for all our team members and trainees with the West Midlands Ambulance Service Human Resources Team. This is a requirement for approval to practice under the governance umbrella of the West Midlands Ambulance Service. This data sharing is required to enable WMAS HR team to issue a contract and Identity card.
- Personal data collected via our website relating to all non-members or non-trainees is for internal use only and will not be shared with WMAS.
If you contact us to make an enquiry or to raise a concern about our website or any aspect of our online services, we aim to respond to you as promptly as possible and we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in replying to you.
You may also be asked to opt-in to receive updates, information or other similar services. You may opt-out at any time via the unsubscribe feature that appears in our emails or by emailing email@example.com
2.4 Legal Obligations
- complying with regulators, law enforcement agencies or in relation to any claims that may arise
We process personal information for the legitimate interests and under the legal obligation of ensuring that use of the Website:
- Is lawful and non-fraudulent
- Does not disrupt the operation of our services
- Does not harass our volunteers or other individuals
- To enforce our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the applicable laws, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our charity or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any changes in ownership or use of your information, and any choices you may have regarding that information.
2.5 Financial Transactions
- DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
3.1 Personnel And Subcontractors
We will not pass your information on to third parties for marketing purposes.
- YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest:
- to ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- to request a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. You may contact them at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
To make a request in relation to any of the aforementioned rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way that we are processing your personal data, please let us know. The best way to bring this to our attention is by emailing us at email@example.com
We do not knowingly use the Website to solicit data from children under the age of 13.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- OUR SAFEGUARDS AND SECURITY MEASURES
We will take reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered via the use of our Website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of our customers and other individuals who might be impacted.
These procedures include the use of firewalls, secure connections on our websites, and frequently the use of Secured Socket Layers (SSLs) to encrypt pages that collect personal information. Personal information is stored in limited access servers and physical access to our servers requires individual authorization and authentication. In addition, we require that all of our volunteers and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data keep confidential your personal information. We use security methods to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for these users. If You are a registered user, we use both logins and passwords to authenticate You. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your login credentials.
In particular, we will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to the personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us.
Please be aware that, while we make the security of our Website and your personal information a high priority and we devote considerable time and resources to implementing and maintaining robust information technology security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. By choosing to share your personal information with us, you accept the aforesaid and provide your information at your own risk. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, You agree that we may communicate with You electronically about security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If You have a reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, we will either permanently delete your personal information.
Where you have provided us with personal information in order to view educational material or attend our events we will retain those details for as long as your account remains active.
Where you have an account, your account will remain active for thirteen months from date of enrolment, after which time all of your information will be removed from our system if no activity has occurred on the account.
Where we obtain your personal data in relation to the use or purchase of our services or products, including VAT or invoicing information, we are obligated by law to keep this for a minimum of six years.
Where you engage in online discussions through the website, such as with our admin team or via our Chat function on our website and team log in area, this content will be kept on their servers indefinitely, to have this communication erased please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may address these to West Midlands CARE Team Charity, PO Box 350, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 9HE.